[rekonq] about last cedric patches

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 11:08:35 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 08:25:39 Cédric Bellegarde wrote:
> Le mercredi 19 mai 2010 00:42:54, Andrea Diamantini a écrit :
> > Let's report issues like this on webkit bugzilla.
>
> The issue isn't in qtwebkit, the issue is in rekonq...

:)

When you do something against one object (that is what rekonq does) and you
see it being lunched clicking over another one, beh, you think who wrote these
two objects do something wrong.

> Qtwebkit don't do autoscrolling, it's a rekonq feature that doesn't check
> if middle click occur in webview or in scrollbar.

Scrollbars should not stay in webview(s). When a scrollbar appears, the
viewportsize should change. This is the same issue that let WebSnap fails on
scrollbars.

> Are you sure you understand what do the patch, i've applied it on 3
> computers, it's working perfectly...

I applied it and compiled code. Launched rekonq, opened planetkde.org (a site
where I was sure vertical scrollbar appears), clicked over (not near) the
scrollbar.

Result: rekonq starts autoscrolling.

(Your) expect behavior: autoscrolling doesn't start & scrollbar works as all
the other widgets.

Am I missing something?