[rekonq] Two patches for dark themes

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 10:21:29 CEST 2010

On Sunday 13 June 2010 13:30:02 Tomas Fryda wrote:
> Hi, I have two patches for dark themes one for webview which is based on
> arora and second for urlbar. You can see screenshots of unpatched version
> here: http://tmp.tm3da.eu/rekonq-black.png and here:
> http://tmp.tm3da.eu/rekonq- black1.png . And here are those patches:
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rekonq+i18n-git/rekonq+i18n-
> git/patch_urlbar.diff and http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rekonq+i18n-
> git/rekonq+i18n-git/patch_webview.diff .

Hi Tomas,
sorry for the late answer and many thanks for the patches! They helped a lot
fixing problems with dark colors and the fixes are just been pushed in master.

I'd like just to point out something about those:

- patches are "bad created", so not directly applicable. When you create a
patch, please remember to do it in the root directory of the patched code.
So, if you download rekonq (or every other software), you have to cd inside
rekonq dir.

- first patch introduces an unneeded change int the loading color, passing from
palette().color(QPalette::ToolTipBase) to
palette().color(QPalette::Highlight).
(And without using QPalette::HighlightedText for the text).
Please, document all the changes your patches do, if they are more than one
provide more than one patch if you don't want them automatically rejected.

- Second patch "as is" didn't really fix the problem everywhere. In fact to
decide the color of one webpage, there are 3 factors involved:
1) The QWebPage palette (as Web Element) used to draw the main frame
background.
2) The QWebView palette, (inherited from QWidget) that quite surprisingly does
not coincide with (or set) the QWebPage palette.
3) the default css stylesheet, that in general is empty, but in rekonq wasn't
due to another bug (pages without blank background, cannot remember the
number)
Your patch considered just point 2.

It seems that anyway things work well now. And this is the important in my POV
:)

Regards,