[rekonq] Rekonq and RAM comsumption

Daniel Avilés Hurtado dah_1965 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 12:58:57 CEST 2010

Hello, and thanks for your work.

I have started to use Rekonq recently (when it came into Debian repos), although I have been
followed it several months from KDE-apps.

I like it very much: is clear and fast, and maybe soon will replace Iceweasel in my PC.

There is a question, however: I have seen that most of the times, when I close the app, it is still
showed in the system monitor as it was active, using about 30-35 Mb of RAM, and, besides, there are
a lot of kio_http related with Rekonq. Is it what it is supposed to be? Because I thought that when
an application is closed, it should free the resources it used.

My PC has 3 Gb of RAM, so it can afford this, but the laptop of a friend of mine has 7 years old, and
it just has 512 Mb RAM, so I do not want to install him an app that continues using RAM even when it
is closed.

Thanks.

By the way, I do like the logo, it reminds me a dragon, and I like dragons  (although I have never
owned one)  ;-)

--
Daniel Avilés
Debian Testing/Sid