[rekonq] Rekonq default search engine

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 03:03:23 CEST 2010

On Friday 04 June 2010 02:01:20 Markus wrote:
> On Friday 04 June 2010 01:06:53 Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> > We also had one discussion here and one merge request rejected
> > (http://gitorious.org/rekonq/mainline/merge_requests/2266). This patch
> > solves the "none" search engine set, defaulting it to "google".
>
> Is KDE or Rekonq in any way sponsored by Google to make it default?
> If not, I propose Ecosia <http://ecosia.org/> as default search engine.
> It's Yahoo search with the twist that ad revenue is donated to the WWF to
> save the rain forest.
>
> Markus

Markus, please understand my point. I'm not payed by anyone working on rekonq.
So, I wanna best for it. And best is (actually) Google.
Moreover, reading ecosia's homepage I read the following: "Ecosia is an
ecologic search engine sustained by Yahoo, Bing & WWF" that sounds like "We
(Yahoo & Bing) are disposed to sponsor also WWF and ecology to win the search
engine battle".

That said, if the mayor of us are ok with another choice for the default
search engine (to use, in the second case, just when user selects "none"
search engine).

Last (but not least), to use Ecosia, it has to be added to ikws desktop files
in kdebase_runtime.