[rekonq] apturl support for rekonq

Nikhil Marathe nsm.nikhil at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 22:57:00 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Rohan Garg <rohan16garg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> After working for about half an hour on this,i came up with the attached
> patch for apturl support in rekonq.It would be nice if this can be
> incorporated in the 0.5 release.

Hey Rohan,

I have a couple of comments about the patch.

1. Could you move the initialisation of the QStringList and the url
handling inside the if conditional for the "apt" url.
Prevents unnecessary init and allocation.

2. I believe you should check for KProcess exit status and report it.
BTW does just passing the URL to the exec() make it interpret it
correctly.

3. How do you handle non-debian systems. Like if I execute this on a
archlinux system it should have a well defined behaviour. Perhaps you
could check if the 'apt' program exists?

Nikhil