[rekonq] Website Zoom Slider

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 00:33:23 CET 2010

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 17:50:28 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> Le mercredi 10 février 2010 17:28:36, Panagiotis Papadopoulos a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > The idea of using a "slider widget" for adjusting the zoom of a page is
> >
> >  awesome imho, as it is much more intuitive to use. What I think is a bit
> >  "not so good", is the current place where the slider can be found.
> >
> > Imho it would be better to let the zoom slider appear on the bottom of
> > the
> >
> >  window, like e.g. in Dolphin (Similar like the "Find bar(CTRL+F) in
> >  rekonq too"). The menu would say "Zoom..." (or something) and then the
> >  slider would appear. The slider then should only disappear again, if
> >  you press the little x button. To me this feels more "natural".
> >
> > I quickly created a mockup with this idea:
> >  http://imagebin.ca/view/8jgIpT.html
> >
> > Tell me what you think
> >
> > (Hope it's not too late for 0.4 :-P)
> >
> I prefer a submenu with a vertical zoom slider.
> But I don't use this feature, so I can't determine if zoom needs to be
> often modified.
>
> Lionel.

I don't use this feature, too.
I agree also that the place where we put it is not "natural" for an horizontal
slider.
I like your idea && your mockup. We can perhaps also think about improving it
in some way.
But please, not for 0.4 release. I'm tagging the beta now. In this release we
did incredible changes to the code: kdewebkit, kwallet, file/ftp support,
adblock, clicktoflash and more and more. It's time for a bugfixing period.

I promise I'll try implementing your mockup && your idea in the rekonq 0.4.x
commit. For now, just say me it's ok this way or if I should revert this
change.