[rekonq] Re: rekonq + KDE 4.6 RC1 = wrong encoding on all websites

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 14:40:57 CET 2010

On Sunday 26 December 2010 14:13:31 Panagiotis Papadopoulos wrote:
> Am Sonntag 26 Dezember 2010, 14:07:13 schrieb Markus Slopianka:
> > What do you mean with wrong encoding? The menu entry here says "Default"
> > and so far I can't see any misrendered characters.
> >
> > Markus
>
> Here’s an example: http://schnittberichte.com/
> every Umlaut is not shown correctly :-)
> Also you need to have KDE 4.6 RC1, with previous 4.6 releases it worked
> fine.

I can confirm this. It works fine in Konqueror. The encoding is set:

It doesn't matter if the encoding in rekonq is set to Default or explicitly
set to utf-8, it still renders umlaut characters wrong.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5160/umlautrekonqerror.png

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L