[rekonq] Re: When we hold Ctrl and left click the link it opens in anew tab. Where is that handled?

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Wed Dec 8 14:21:08 CET 2010

On 12/08/2010 01:52 PM, ext Furkan Üzümcü wrote:
> When we hold Ctrl and left click the link it opens in anew tab. Where is
> that handled?

Tip:
When you have a complex code base, and want to find the code path
triggered for a certain action, use tools.

First, gdb. In this case, you run Rekonq, then add a breakpoint in the
constructor of QWebPage. You do the use case: Ctrl+leftclick, gdb will
break, and you go up in the stack to understand what is going on.

In some cases, you don't even know where to break with gdb. In that
case, you can use callgrind to help you.
You run rekonq in callgrind with the instrumentation disabled at start.
Then you use callgrind_control to start the instrumentation, you do the
click, and you stop the instrumentation. By looking at the call tree in
KCachegrind, you can generally figure what is going on.

Ask if you need help with those. I am on IRC as well.

cheers,
Benjamin