[rekonq] Re: A question about Rekonq removing images on the current page

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:15:14 CET 2010

On Sunday 05 December 2010 20:45:02 Furkan Üzümcü wrote:
> I'm trying to highlight all the links on the current page by evaluating
> javascript, but it doesn't work. Here is the code
> http://pastebin.com/MNcz7D0u

Hi Furkan,
first of all, welcome in rekonq development. You should subscribe to rekonq
mailing list. I added your mail to the accept list, so that you can send mails
here but to receive replies directly (I cc'ed you for now), you should add
yourself to.

About code. First of all, if the feature you are trying to implement is the
"access keys" one, the same you can find eg in konqueror, I suggest to take a
look at its code as also kwebkitpart has it.

In general, letting code evaluating your js is not as good as using proper
APIs, eg finding HTML elements to highlight through QWebFrame/QWebElement
classes.
Last, I remember this feature has just implemented in QtTestBrowser. Take a
look there if konqueror/kwebkitpart does not help you enough :)

Again, welcome aboard and happy hacking with rekonq!