[rekonq] How many KDE Platform dependencies does Rekonq have?

benjamin.poulain at nokia.com benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Thu Aug 26 16:29:23 CEST 2010

On Aug 26, 2010, at 4:16 PM, ext Markus Slopianka wrote:
> I just had the idea that Rekonq (1.0?) with no/minimized KDE Platform dependencies could
> be proposed to MeeGo Netbook as default browser instead of current Google Chrome.

I don't think it is a good idea in the short term. We are just starting to work on Netbook, while Google already made improvements. There are cases where QtWebKit is faster than Chrome on Desktop, those are generally slower on Atom.

Still, I think the question is interesting. How hard do you think it would be to have a version of Rekonq without dependency on KDE?

cheers,
Benjamin