[rekonq] On the future of bookmarks on rekonq

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 00:06:49 CEST 2010

Yesterday night I talked with someone on #kde-devel channel and I started
thinking about a bunch of ideas about bookmarks. Please, take in mind that
these are just ideas; I don't know if they are good, if we'll implement, if I
like them... :)
I'd like just share them and hear your opinions:

1) remove the bookmarks menu
No browsers have it in that place and we have other 3-4 ways to show them
(panel, toolbar, tabpage)

2) "change" the toolbar showing there the "favorites" pages.
So, no more common bookmarks in the toolbar, but the same links we show in the
favorites page. In this case we need to "improve" the way we register
bookmarks.

3) let panel, toolbar, menu auto-exclusive
This was one old Lionel's idea to implement one sort of "switch" between those
3: user can choose one way to show them.

4) else? Leave things as they are :)
Because we like that way..

Have a nice day,