[rekonq] rekonq rocks, but it can rock even more with this two feature I miss so much

martosurf martosurf7600 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 20:55:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

first of all, THANK YOU. Being a longtime computer user and one of
those 'maniacs' who have not less than 4 web browsers installed at any
time in any platform I found reconq to be *very* cool - (evil)
Google's Chrome (and Chromium) are way cool too but reconq integrates
beautifully with my KDE desktop and that's a winner point.

Opera, FF, Safari, SRWare Iron, Arora, Midori, Epiphany, Netscape, old
Mozilla, Seamonkey and everything else you can name including all the
IE clones when I was a on the lost-side of computer world, I tried all
of them and reconq, at least at this moment, seems was I was looking
for EVER.

So, aside throwing flowers, I can think at this time of three main
features I miss *a lot* and I would like to see in reconq:

1. integrated web search like Chrome: it's a killer!! if that's not
possible, may be a separate find field next to url field like Opera
and FF. This is very handy but kinda prehistoric compared with Chrome
implementation - yeah, I'm a lot practical.

2. RSS and every other feed integrated support like Konqueror. It
would be *very* cool to have RSS integrated so when a feed is detected
you can add it automatically to Akregator or the RSS plasmoid - and
this will help to move few steps further KDE SC new vision for
integrating desktop with 'cloud' and 'social-networks'.

3. Support for an open architecture to build plugins/addons/modules to
increase reconq functionality. Chrome is an excellent example.
For example, using reconq and every other browser I miss *a lot*
plugins like Autopagerize (or something like that), an addon that
autoloads next page in forums/blogs and let you browse them as if they
were one big page - very very handy for browsing forums and blogs.

I can't think for anything more at this time. I did a side by side
comparison with other browsers to see how reconq renders websites and
I found it render almost everything better than other browsers
including Konq.
I think your project have a lot of potential and I'm excited about it,
I will look forward how it evolves.

Thank you very much for reading this.

b33r