[rekonq] We have HomePage!

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 19:42:05 CEST 2009

.. and seems working quite well :)

After 4 branches and 3 different technologies tried (html/css, PluginFactory +
webView, Plasma widget) I decided for.. the forth!!
It's a mix of the three, as usual happens searching for the right performance
and flexibility.

it actually has ONE known bug: you cannot change the nine sites!!
That's because it works this way.
It builds a plain html embedding 9 QLabel (trough PluginFactory) containing
the pixmaps for the previews.
If rekonq has these images in cache it loads them, otherwise it tries grabbing
from the network, while previewing a loading gif.
I'm actually using the same as the tab :) Pano is going to provide a better
one.
When the grabbing process is finished, it loads the image! About 12 seconds in
my network the first time, in a while from the second.

To let change site work we need just to implement a mechanism to clean cache
when user change sites!

I'll do ASAP after that all your patches will be merged.

Cheers,