[rekonq] rekonq HomePage

megabigbug megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Sun Sep 13 10:18:16 CEST 2009

Le mardi 8 septembre 2009 02:52:55, Andrea Diamantini a écrit :
> During my last work trip, I had occasions to play a bit with css and
> Javascript.
> I also had a little course about. So, I started thinking about rekonq home
> page. No, not rekonq website home page.. its "home", the url you load
>  pressing "home" button (or creating a new tab, thanks to Lindsay patch).
> So this evening, from 21pm to now, I created this. It's a first draft of
>  rekonq new home page.
> You can find it in the HomePage branch on gitorious.
> Hope you like it :)
>
> Comments, hints, ideas are really welcome!
>
> Cheers,

I test it with your last commit.

To be honnest, I don't like it.
Not because font size and colors are not good (it can be improved). Because it
doesn't give more feature than history panel and bookmark menu. Moreover,
Konqueror have already something like that for bookmarks.
From chrome and opera, it misses webpage previews. (Perhaps we must take a
look at this. I would like to see previews when mouse is over tabs.)
From IE it misses accelerators features, for instance: translate with windows
live.

I propose something more KDEish:

Use a plasma containment.

Have you seen the newspaper activity of plasma-netbook ?

I would like hear the advise of Ivan about that.