[rekonq] rekonq HomePage

Johannes Zellner johannes.zellner at nokia.com
Wed Sep 9 09:42:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

I found these days on our trolltech internal ml some hints about what to
avoid/use in Qt4.6 within webkit.
Maybe interesting for rekonq's internal html sites like "home" or html-error
pages.

Optimizations in HTML code running on top of QtWebkit:
- use HTML5 canvas if possible
- Keep things in one page, to avoid re-parsing of Javascript
- show/hide elements instead of modifying the DOM
- Use webkit animations if possible, they're native.
- Try to use native function like document.querySelectorAll instead of high-
level javascript frameworks
- Don't be tempted to use vector graphics (like webkit rounded rectangles or
SVG), always prefer static images.

Cheers,
Johannes