[rekonq] Re : Re : Re : Right click menu

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 11:04:41 CEST 2009

On Friday 04 September 2009 11:05:16 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> >Yes, that's the point. So, what's your suggestion?
> >
> >My idea here is that if we automatically select text, we should provide in
> >some way also page actions.
> >If don't, we could provide just text or page actions, contextually.
>
> It must be tested, but why not something between these solutions ?:
> - left click on a word (not in a link and not in a field): select the whole
>  word. - double left click: select the whole paragraph.
> - right click on a not selected word: page's contextual menu.
> - right click on a selection: text's contextual menu.
>
> => it simplifies selection and it doesn't broke contextual menus.
>
> I don't know if qtwebkit can do that.

Perhaps I couldn't explain myself at best :)
rekonq actually:
- automatically select a word on right click hover (QtWebkit feature, this
means text actions)
- works as expected on left clicks (QtWebkit feature: one click, nothing
happens; double click, select word, triple click, select <p> or equivalent
block-level element)

As we have this (forced) automatic word selection on right click, I sometimes
have problems on finding a clean space to click on some sites to have page
actions.
So adding them anyway, BUT in a second block seems to me a good trade-off

PS: Multi Windows support is near the corner...