[rekonq] KDE shortcuts

Ronny Scholz ronny_scholz at web.de
Sat Oct 24 22:23:39 CEST 2009

I was working on Jonas' issue about unsaved shortcuts and found something I
would like to hear your thoughts about.

We have a self-defined shortcut for fullscreen mode (Ctrl+Shift+F, F11), but
there is also a KStandardAction for fullscreen which defaults to
(Ctrl+Shift+F, <nothing>) on Kubuntu.
I know that F11 is very common across browsers for fullscreen toggling.
But to reach our goal of tight KDE integration we should use the KDE defaults
here. I simply hate it that different applications have different default
shortcuts for the same thing. On my Kubuntu:

Kaffeine: F
KMplayer: F (cannot be changed)
rekonq: Ctrl+Shift+F or F11

As you see, _none_ of the applications uses the global setting for fullscreen
toggling. It would be really cool if KDE applications had the same "feel" and
we can help to achieve this.

If you agree with me I will also have a look at all the other shortcuts and
provide a patch to use KDE defaults wherever possible.