[rekonq] Renaming "New Tab Page" to something cooler [Idea inside]

Panagiotis Papadopoulos pano_90 at gmx.net
Thu Oct 22 20:17:40 CEST 2009

I wondered if we could rename the "New Tab Page" to something cooler. Opera has with "Speed Dial" a cool "marketing" name, and rekonq should too :-D

Yagami (on IRC) came up with the following (imho brilliant) idea:

Tabloid

-------------------
[19:47:41] <Yagami> pano:  there is only one name possible
[19:47:53] <Yagami> since rekonq is going to be The kde4 browser :)
[19:48:14] <Yagami> and kde4 is all about kde and plasma and new technologies
[19:48:28] <Yagami> so ...
[19:48:36] <Yagami> Favoritoid !!!
[19:48:53] <Yagami> or Tabloid !! ( it must end in oid , like plasmoid !! )
[19:52:44] <Yagami> pano: well , the new fav , history , closed tabs , favorites list tab kinda looks like a plasmoid thing
[19:52:59] <Yagami> so it kinda got me into the tab oid thing

If you look up the definition of Tabloid in a Dictionary like [1], you can read the following:

tab·loid

n.
A newspaper of small format giving the news in condensed form, usually with illustrated, often sensational material.
adj.
1. In summary form; condensed.
2. Lurid or sensational.

Which imho are describing the current "New Tab Page" very well imho :-P
What do you think?

[1] http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tabloid