[rekonq] [RFC] Last steps to rekonq 0.3 (and one proposal)

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 01:33:51 CEST 2009

We are really near rekonq 0.2.90 release (rekonq 0.3 alpha) and I'd like to fix
all known (possible) bugs before.
From our TODO list we yet need to:

- write DOCS (not needed for 0.2.90)
- unit tests (after 0.2.90 release)
- improve/fix urlbar behaviour
- fix homepage

About the homePage (the proposal), I'm investigating the possibility to remove
the "last closed tabs" and show instead "all tabs" (A-LA Internet Explorer
way)
What do you think about?

That's because of a lot of motivations that can easily be explained reading
the code implementing "last closed tabs", the fact that the first 5 browsing
minutes, it is always empty and there is no way to safely store them without
reinventing the wheel (two files for the history).
If you don't like this, we can anyway show last closed tabs starting anyway
from the "last closed tabs" :D (the url stored from SessionManager).
These seems to me the most obvious and "clean" solution to this problem.

Comments are (always) welcome..

PS: In my plans, if things go smoothly, I'm thinking to release 0.2.90 on next
Monday / Tuesday.
PPS: I'll be out Saturday and Sunday this week, I'll go in the country
searching for chestnuts :)