[rekonq] contextual menu: text actions/pages actions

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:20:33 CEST 2009

On Sunday 11 October 2009 12:18:46 Matgic78 wrote:
> You know I prefer to have page actions in a submenu.
> For me, actions in the contextmenu have to be reported to the selected
>  item.
>
> Here is the result of merge request  #1746 :
> http://imagebin.ca/view/77UrjJ.html
> Top : old menus with page actions.
> Bottom : new menus with page actions in a submenu.
> We don't speak about the comsmetic changes that we can do separately...

No, we are not speaking about cosmetics :D

I have to start working now, so I have just one moment for the reply..
I rejected the merge request first because Lionel proposed sometimes his ideas
about and I would like to debate it here before changing something in the
menu.

[JustMyPersonalOpinion]
I like the actual way
[/JustMyPersonalOpinion]

History about menu implementation was:

1) Lionel's work to organize, implement and improve "contextual" menus. So,
the actual menu (without page actions on text selection) is from him (and it
is really good)

2) the "problem/feature" from webkit, to have automatically word selection on
click. In a lot of "fulfilled" sites (there are so many) this lets calling page
actions quite impossible.

So, the actual situation: page actions under text action when text is
selected.

[JustAnotherPersonalOpinion]
Moreover, moving actions to a submenu seems not the best in terms of usability
[/JustAnotherPersonalOpinion]

Said that to explain things and point of view, if no one else replies here and
you (Lionel and Mathieu) are ok with one solution, I'll be glad to commit it.
This will obviously cost you ALL the menu cosmetic fixes :D