[rekonq] download links are visited twice

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 12:14:08 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 06 October 2009 20:03:06 Ronny Scholz wrote:
> If you click on a download link, it is visited twice.
> The first visit is done by webkit, which leaves us a QNetworkReply pointer.
> The second visit is done by the KIO Job, which the downloads the file.
>
> This is problematic e.g. for one-click hosters that restrict consecutive
> downloads. If rekonq downloads a file from there, the file just contains
>  the error page (because the actual download is the second visit), saying
>  something like "Your IP is already downloading, please wait 15 minutes.".
> To reproduce the bug, go to http://www.rapidshare.com/, upload a file,
>  download it and open it in a text editor.
>

> To get around this issue, we will have to use the QNetworkReply pointer
>  from the first visit to download the file. QNetworkReply already provides
>  the appropriate methods to get the file content, because it is derived
>  from QIODevice.
>
> I searched for an elegant way to do this via a KIO job or KJob with the
> requirement of support for multiple downloads. Until now I did not find a
> proper solution.
>
> Any comments or hints on this?

This is a really problematic issue. Thanks for pointing it out. This obviously
is due to webkit - KIO integration.
I'll point this to webkitkde developers to find a proper solution (this also
because I'm thinking it's time to switch to kdewebkit in rekonq 0.4)

For a "0.3 release fix"... I don't know. I'll find time for this in the evening.

Cheers,