[rekonq] download links are visited twice

Ronny Scholz ronny_scholz at web.de
Tue Oct 6 20:03:06 CEST 2009

If you click on a download link, it is visited twice.
The first visit is done by webkit, which leaves us a QNetworkReply pointer.
The second visit is done by the KIO Job, which the downloads the file.

This is problematic e.g. for one-click hosters that restrict consecutive
downloads. If rekonq downloads a file from there, the file just contains the
error page (because the actual download is the second visit), saying something
like "Your IP is already downloading, please wait 15 minutes.".
To reproduce the bug, go to http://www.rapidshare.com/, upload a file, download
it and open it in a text editor.

To get around this issue, we will have to use the QNetworkReply pointer from
the first visit to download the file. QNetworkReply already provides the
appropriate methods to get the file content, because it is derived from
QIODevice.

I searched for an elegant way to do this via a KIO job or KJob with the
requirement of support for multiple downloads. Until now I did not find a
proper solution.

Any comments or hints on this?