[rekonq] [RFC] Removing rekonq menubar

Emmanuel Surleau emmanuel.surleau at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 21:44:43 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 29 July 2009 15:10:46 Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 July 2009 13:14:35 Johannes Zellner wrote:

> > > When I say remove, I want say hidden by default.
> > > People can reactivate it (with an option in the configuration panel).
>
> When I say remove, I'm saying "remove": menubar and code ;)
> People cannot reactivate it no more.

I think that's too radical, personally. I already find annoying, in the few
occasions where I have the misfortune of being forced to deal with IE7, that
the menu isn't visible per default. It's a very familiar component of a GUI,
very reassuring. Hiding is OK, but removing it altogether? I'm not so sure.

Cheers,

Emm