[rekonq] Tabs sessions

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 17:38:10 CEST 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009 13:52:20 Panagiotis Papadopoulos wrote:
> Am Freitag 24 Juli 2009 13:47:09 schrieb Lionel Chauvin:
> > When it is closing, Konqueror can save current tabs and restore them at
> > the next launch.
> > Is it planned for rekonq ?
> >
> > This feature (plus RSS feeds) is one I need to use rekonq by default.

> The support for "sessions" would be a really cool and very useful feature
> imho... But since rekonq is all about being "lightweight" and stuff (afaik
> :-P) I'm not sure whether it is good to implement it.

NO, we surely need to implement it. Ok for being lightweight, but sessions
support is a must for an application that can crash quite every day.
In any case we need it to support the "multitask rekonq".
I thought it was a "gratis" feature from KApplication and the new DrKonqi
release.
Perhaps we need just to fix our inherited classes having it for 0.2.

I'll investigate a bit the situation.

PS (to Lionel about RSS feeds) not (yet?) providing a common plugin
infrastructure, it doesn't mean rekonq has not to have RSS feeds.
You are welcome to try some coding about. And using dbus is surely a good
idea.

Regards,
--
Andrea Diamantini,