[rekonq] set home page to empty string

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 17:34:33 CEST 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009 14:49:12 Johannes Zellner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what should be the default homepage settings if, a user does set his home
> page to an empty one.
>
> Currently rekonq starts up and does not open a webview, which looks kinda
> broken.
>
> I was thinking of a few solutions:
>
>  * the behavior above (not showing anything)
>  * defaulting to an page like the "data/notfound.html"
>  * providing a preview page like opera (probably not lightweight enough)
>  * not allowing to set the home page to an empty string
>  * defaulting to like "kde.org"
>  * is there some desktop-wide configuration entry for this ?
>
> Personally I would prefer the second solution.
>
> What are you thinking?

I think this is a stupid bug and I'm kicking my ass about ;)
Current behaviour is surely broken and need to be changed. Anyway, I think
that if a user chooses as his homePage a blank page, we need to display it.
So, my idea is to fix this providing a blank new tab. What do you think about?

--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode