[rekonq] autohide statusbar

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 00:19:16 CEST 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 22:39:44 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> > The whole mail should be considered as one big IMHO statement :)

> > Hi, I have mixed feelings about this. It is better than the KPassivePopup
> > (more visually elegant) but it can be confusing at the beginning.
>
> Yes, It can be confusing.

Yes, it can.

> > There are a couple of things I find particularly odd:
> > 1. timeout for resetting the address (on mouse out) - it should be
> > instantaneous.
> > 2. timeout for setting the address (on mouse in) is too long. It feels
> > like there is a lag or something.
>
> If it is instantaneous, it flashes. (it alternates black and gray texts)
> If you find a better compromise, tell me. Perhaps, 300 ms instead of 600 is
> better.

We can surely work on this.

> > Implementation concerns:
> > 1. (minor) trailing spaces
> > 2. it would be better to make the /status/ handling a bit more abstract.
> > This way everywhere you'd like to show the status text, you'd have to
> > make hooks for all the supported approaches. (it would be rather strange
> > if the urlbar is used for the link-hover, and to use the passivepopup for
> > other stuff)
>
> I don't use the new notification system.
> I agree with you, it must be done in a better way, but we need to discuss.
> What is the other stuff ?
> The only other message I see was "Done" for loading pages.

As already said, PassivePopups have a temporary implementation. And we can
surely substitute them with something other in next release (but NOT restoring
the status bar. At least this is my idea).

For rekonq 0.2 we can surely release with the current implementation (bugfixed
a bit, obviously...) and discuss it with calm.

Regards,

--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode