[rekonq] autohide statusbar

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 21:56:15 CEST 2009

The whole mail should be considered as one big IMHO statement :)

> > Imho this is great!
Hi, I have mixed feelings about this. It is better than the KPassivePopup
(more visually elegant) but it can be confusing at the beginning.

There are a couple of things I find particularly odd:
1. timeout for resetting the address (on mouse out) - it should be
instantaneous.
2. timeout for setting the address (on mouse in) is too long. It feels like
there is a lag or something.
3. doesn't work while the page is loading (for example, you click a link -
from that moment, until the new page is loaded, the function is disabled)

* concerning 1 and 2 - this approach works (and is expected) for the tooltips.
This is not a tooltip per se.

Implementation concerns:
1. (minor) trailing spaces
2. it would be better to make the /status/ handling a bit more abstract. This
way everywhere you'd like to show the status text, you'd have to make hooks
for all the supported approaches. (it would be rather strange if the urlbar is
used for the link-hover, and to use the passivepopup for other stuff)

Well, that's all from me :)

Cheerio,
Ivan