[rekonq] URL Bar Search

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:25:43 CEST 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 02:12:44 Matt Rumlet wrote:
> Hi, I see that rekonq is going to have (like chromium) only the URL bar,
> without the search bar. One feature that makes me love Chromium is that
> when I like to search something on, for example, google I type the letter
> g, then I press the TAB key, and then the only thing I've got to do is
> write what I want to search and press enter. It is a really useful feature
> that would be awesome for rekonq to have.
>

> Thanks for the work you are doing.

In rekonq 0.2 we'll have a similar feature (we are starting working on that).
You can press CTRL + L to have focus on the urlbar with all text highlighted.
Then you can write your keyword, e.g. mouse and click enter. That's all!

We can surely do it better for next release, anyway it's a starting point :)

Regards,
--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode