[rekonq] some feedback :)

Matgic78 matgic78 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:19:01 CET 2009

> * site preview when hover over a tab:
> that is really a nice fancy feature first time i saw that, especially
>  because i never saw that in other browsers. But i think its not very
>  helpfull (at least fo me), it would be nice to make it optional.
It is optional : there is a "show preview when hovering tabs" option in the
"tabs" config page.

> * favorite site:
> maybe its already planed, but it would be nice to change the background. or
>  do you plan to make it "themeable" (like in chrome)? At least changing the
>  colour would be really nice, since i'm using a dark colour-scheme and the
>  white background dosn't fit well.
There are plans to let it be customizable through GHNS but it isn't a
priority. Don't you have the same problem with many websites ?

> * search bar (strg+f)
> another nice feature would be if it would be possible to mark all hits of a
> keyword on a site. Like in firefox it mark all hits on a website in yellow.
It wasn't possible before Qt 4.6, I will try to add it one day or another...

> * searching on a website:
> besides the search bar it would be also nice if i could search words on
>  site by simple typing the word "into the browser". (again, something which
>  i miss from firefox)
I don't understand. What do you mean by "typing the word "into the browser"" ?

> * kwallet integration:
> I think i already read somewhere that this is planned, but if not: kwallet
> integration for the password would be very nice too. ;)
Yes, it is planned.

> * secure site's:
> I also found a problem on rekonq. Actually i cannot access to site's where
>  a password/username is needed. For example on gmx.at. I always get an
>  connection timeout.
> Maybe its better to make an bug-report about that, i just wanted to
>  mentioned that ;)
Yes, I think a bug report is a good idea. Could you verify if it works "ohne
SSL" and mention it in the bug report ? And since we share code with konqueror
and arora, knowing if it works with these browsers can help to resolve the
problem...

Many thanks for this feedback, it is always good hearing people like what we
are doing...