[rekonq] Patch:Open Home Page when Opening new tab

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 23:52:10 CEST 2009

On Sunday 09 August 2009 23:00:07 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 02:45:09 am Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> > Yes, currently we are in string freeze and also in "bugfix mode", waiting
> > for 0.2 release.
>
> No worries.
>
> > > I am curious, what is your home page ?
> >
> > I'm curious, too :)
>
> Its a local HTML file containing my most common links - forums, weather
>  radar, webmail, admin pages on the network etc. It lives in my subversion
>  server as well, so its shared amongst the multiple machines I use. I find
>  it easier and quicker to access the home page than my bookmarks for the
>  common operations I do.

I use a similar one as home page, with all my "important" links. I can say
that my homePage is my "important bookmarks repository". I use browser's
bookmarks just for temporary saving..

> I don't think its a rare usage - that's while its available as an option in
> the TabMix Plus extension for FireFox.
>
> > One of my rekonq wishes for the future is to implement a chrome-like home
> > page, with bookmarks, history, a picture perhaps and Idontknowwhatelse.
> > Lindsay, are you interested in "playing" a bit with this?
>
> I'd certainly be interested - don't use Chrome much (despise it ) but it
> sounds very similar to a feature in Opera.

Yes, perhaps I heard about a "speed dial" page there, but I'm not sure.

--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode