[rekonq] CookiesJar and AccessManager

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:41:09 CEST 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 12:27:49 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> Le vendredi 07 août 2009 12:14:27, Panagiotis Papadopoulos a écrit :
> > > Currently Cookie handling seems to be broken much more than it was 3
> > > days ago:
> > >
> > > I can't login in to libre.fm, also when trying to login to last.fm it
> > > gives me an last.fm error page saying that "my browser either does not
> > > support cookies or I have disabled them". Accepting Cookies is
> > > activated though...
> > >
> > > I also had pproblems logging in to gitorious:
> > > After entering my user credentials I was forwarded to the main
> > > gitorious site and I was still not logged in...
> > >
> > > :-)
> > >
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > Panagiotis Papadopoulos
> >
> > I forgot to mention:
> > I'm on Arch Linux with KDE 4.3
>
> Yes, I really think we must use KIO::AcessManager, the bug of previews is
> less bothering than log-in failures.
>
> I don't know if it is possible:
> Can we do a copy of KIO::AcessManager to make it works for 4.2 ?

We can surely do this thing. The function to override is just one, so it's a
basic trick and let it work for all KDE4.x.
But I think the log-in failure question is a little more "complex" and invest
our new CookieJar AND NetworkAccessManager. We have to handle them together!

Anyway, we also need something with KDE 4.2.x installed testing it before
merging.

> Perhaps it is possible to fix the bug of previous on this copy and push
> patchs for kde 4.3.1

Sure!

I'm going to provide a RekonqAccessManager branch to work on this topic.

--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode