[rekonq] CookiesJar and AccessManager

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 10:41:49 CEST 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 00:30:52 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> CookiesJar and NetworkAccessManager in master are in a state really broken.
> It causes a loop when I connect to Yahoo.
>
> Somebody compiles kde from trunk ? I would like to know if previews of
> wikipedia work with the last KIO::AccessManager:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/accessmanagerreply_p.cpp?vi
>ew=log
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/accessmanager.cpp?r1=988792
>&r2=1001978
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/global.cpp?r1=945542&r2=100
>1977
>
> I strongly suggest use KIO::AccessManager for 4.3.
> For 4.2, I think it will anyway be broken.
>
> What we can do ?

I'm aware of this is a really "unstable" solution and that this is a "trivial
fix" just for 0.2 release.
Anyway, it seems working better than the released KDE 4.3 KIO::AccessManager.
And that's the important for rekonq 0.2.
You cannot test our 0.2 code with KDE/trunk because they are working hard on
it and it is quite different from the 4.3 one.

For rekonq 0.3 we surely move to KIO::AccessManager and remove also 4.2
compatibility (to avoid complications)

btw, all sites I tried work quite well with actual code. I'd really like
knowing something more about "yahoo" loop.

Regards,

--
Andrea Diamantini,
IRC: adjam_AT_freenode