[rekonq] Awsome Bar: Organization Ideas

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Sun Aug 2 10:40:55 CEST 2009

It is not exactly the same suggestion.

>User has just a list to choose from. Or not?

At the begining of the implementation: yes.
But my suggestion proposes 3 lists (Perhaps it is not a good Idea).

My suggestion needs these Runners (in this order):

-------------------------
Part 1: Action

- WebshortcutsRunner: It detects if the user types a webshortcuts (with :
delimiter)

- LoadUrlRunner: It detects if the user type an url. If not, It proposes to go
to google.

-------------------------
Part 2: Search

- GoogleRunner: It returns the first results of google search (not opensearch
suggestions whose are in the suggestion part). This runner starts a google
request one second after the user has stopped typing. It parses the resulting
webpage and provides results to the user. It keeps in cache previous results
and provides them instantly when the user type something.

- HistoryRunner.

- BookmarkRunner.

-------------------------
Part 3: Suggestions (help to write a query)

- WebshortcutsOpensearchRunner: It detects if the user types a webshortcuts
and propose opensearch suggestions corresponding to this webshortcut.

- GoogleOpensearchRunner: it detects if the user doesn't type a webshortcuts
(or if there is no opensearch for a webshortcuts) and it proposes google
opensearch suggestions.

- WebshortcutsHelperRunner: It detects if the user types a keyword that is in
a webshortcut description and it suggests a webshortcut query. It helps the
user to learn webshortcuts.

We will not use space delimiter for webshortcuts, WebshortcutsHelperRunner
will solve this problem. At the begining, we will not use webshortcuts default
search engine.

In the futur we will need to propose other search engines than Google.

What do you think about that ? (I am not sure Runner works like that)