[rekonq] NO MERGING ISSUES

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 02:58:26 CEST 2009

I wanna start this mail thanking all you again for your fantastic work
and help to rekonq project.
Questions about the no merging issues during these holidays are basically two
I'm seeing in your clones.
Clones are actually rekonq forks and as this always helps features and ideas
to be implemented lets discerning quite hard.

So here are some small rules to follow to help at best rekonq dev:

1.
NO large commits. as avaddon just explained in one post some days ago (i read
all just this morning), we have one fantastic rule:

ONE feature <= ONE commit.

So all we can push one feature with one or more commits, but one commit has to
be about just 1 feature.

2.
NO features non approved in master. For example I saw a beautiful side panel
implementation. But rekonq will never have a side panel. That's because side
panels are usability evils and I'd like rekonq to be "easy".

3.
NO unuseful re-implementations. I really spent one hour to review pawel
Download class refactoring, that was able just to introduce just one bug
(issue #?) and no more features. Why do we feel the needing of doing such
things?? And just to be honest, that class is copied from kget code.

I used side panel and download class just as examples about my ideas. You are
obviously free to do as you like, but please, do it in separate branches and
push masters nearer.

--
Andrea Diamantini
MAIL: adjam7_AT_gmail_DOT_com

tadarattadara tattà tatatatatà tadarattadara tattà tattattattattà..
(me, taking a shower...)