[Qtscript-bindings] announce: minimal GNU Readline QtScript bindings

Stephan Beal sgbeal at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 15 00:06:58 CEST 2008

Hi, all!

(First post!)

i'm relatively new to the world of QtScript bindings, but i've got a
fairly long history in binding things using the SpiderMonkey engine
(e.g. http://SpiderApe.sourceforge.net). The past couple of days i've
been playing intensely with the bindings from your project, and that
got me interested in trying my hand at it.

Tonight i threw together a QtScript extension which gives one access
to the most basic Readline features, namely:

- read a line of input
- load/save/clear history

The code is here:

http://code.google.com/p/qboard/source/browse/QtScriptBindings/src/readline/

The README.txt file explains everything one needs to know. It requires
GNU Readline dev files unless Readline_config.hpp is edited to
configure it for a different backend (e.g. BSD editline or plain old
stdin).

Maybe it'll be interesting to any of you who work extensively with
qs_eval (or similar).

Happy hacking!

--
----- stephan beal