[Qtscript-bindings] Making scripts translatable

Kent Hansen khansen at trolltech.com
Wed Aug 27 12:11:03 CEST 2008

Hi guys,
Not strictly a bindings thing per see, but I'm hoping you have some
thoughts...
If you've looked at a few of the examples for the bindings generator,
you've perhaps noticed that user-visible text is wrapped in calls to a
tr() function. Currently this function is just a no-op. But I'd like to
add proper support for QtScript translation in Qt; it's a bit sad that
you can translate only the C++ part of your app, no? I have a solution
finished up already, but before I describe it I'd like to ask if anyone
has an opinion on how it should be done (in a perfect world), if there
are any "issues" you foresee, or anything else you can think of. Any
input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Kent