Meeting Notes: 2/9/23

Devin espidev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 08:33:39 GMT 2023

- KDE Gear moving
  - Please follow KDE Gear conventions from now on if your app will be moved
  - release-tools MR will be merged on Thursday (from mailing list)
https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/release-tools/-/merge_requests/27
  - Independent releases for now for apps that are going into Plasma

  - Moving apps out of plasma-mobile namespace
https://invent.kde.org/teams/plasma-mobile/issues/-/issues/212
  - Move Qrca to ????
  - Archive DayKountdown ???
  - Everything else has a place to go now
  - How do we give people a place to see mobile friendly apps?
  - plasma-mobile.org works, but we can perhaps improve apps.kde.org too??
  - We could include 3rd party apps in a listing

  - Onboarding
    - Forum!!

    - We need to promote it on the website, reddit, text channels

- Strategy for squashing bugs
  - Alexey needs to get onboarded on to the shell, improve docs
(https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-mobile/-/wikis/home?)
  - Plasmashell, KWin, Powerdevil, Kscreenlocker are the biggest pain
points right now
  - We need coredumps for debugging plasmashell and kwin crashes!
Integration with DrKonqi and Sentry. We also need headers in dumps
  - Not sure if it's possible to use DrKonqi on postmarketOS, but it's
possible to get coredumps there without systemd
 - Dan will try to get debug headers for Manjaro Dev
 - Contact Harald about Sentry (oops forgot last week)