Questions about Plasma Mobile

user-zaz at protonmail.com user-zaz at protonmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:42:06 GMT 2019

Hello,

When installing Plasma Mobile onto a Nexus 5, will Plasma Mobile communicate directly with the hardware of the phone or will certain components of Android be left behind to serve as a middle man between the hardware and Plasma Mobile?

Also, what carriers are compatible with Plasma Mobile (I am specifically interested in Verizon, but I want to know of all the compatible carriers) or does that depend on the physical phone and not the OS on it?

I understand that Plasma Mobile is working with Purism on a secure phone but will I reap any security/privacy benefits by installing Plasma Mobile on a Nexus 5?

Thank you for your time.