Plasma Mobile as a candidate for a commercial product

Volla Developer Team developer at volla.systems
Tue Aug 21 08:53:06 BST 2018

Dear developers,

Our company plans the development and the distribution of mobile hardware and software. Our Roadmap begins with a Smartphone and is continued with Wearables.

We want to offer an alternative to iOS and Android with three product features:

- Protection of the privacy
- Simplicity in the service
- Comfortable ergonomics

Plasma mobile seems to be extensively customisable and also to support a convergence scenario at least conceptually. We want to replace the today’s UI of Plasma Mobile and, for example, remove the dock bar. Is there something like a launcher or Lipstick implementation we can modify in Plasma Mobile?

Unfortunately, PlasmaMobile is obviously in an early alpha stage. The recent version on the reference hardware Nexus 5x shows missing basic functions like telephony, short messaging or camera. When do you believe, will plasma mobile have the maturity for a base operating system?

The compatibility with Android would be an advantage for the market acceptance. Plasma Mobile uses Shashlik for this purpose. What do you think is the status of this technology?

Our potential ODM asked us which concrete source code components we need for the hardware adaptation with Halium respectively Libhybris. Can you help us, to specify the required source code components and/or documentation?

Last, but not least we are interested in community events of Plasma Mobile. We also think of hosting about camp for an alternative operation system. There are different open source projects for alternatives and it would be great to bundle activities of companies and communities to have a stable mobile, convergent base system for innovative products including hard- and software.

With kind regards

Volla Developer Team