Intro - Station X and Plasma Mobile

Eddie Vassallo eddie at stationx.rocks
Wed Oct 4 15:25:09 UTC 2017

This is hugely helpful guys. And a wonderful first start for us. Obviously
we need to start with porting Halium and going from there.

Mediatek isn't our only choice in terms of hardware as we have some other
options (including Qualcomm). We will invesitgate and come back to you. We
would love any assistance or recommendations on the hardware as we design
this - and would really appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks again for the prompt responses!

-Eddie

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 4:21 PM, JBBgameich <jbb.mail at gmx.de> wrote:

> [...]
> you - first and foremost - on the prefrred hardware requirements for Plasma
> Mobile - and any steer on the type of hardware (from screen size to
> processor/ram) you would recommend.
>
> Obviously I know the project is still being developed and shaped, but we
> would love to get a few prototype devices (best matching your criteria) in
> house and perhaps collaborate on firming up an initial working prototype
> that can be passed to production stage. We could then evolve from there and
> hopefully get to the point where we could offer a 'Developer Edition' for
> the community (as a first release) as I know everyone is dying to get their
> hands on Plasma Mobile, even to help test and iron things out at this stage.
>
> So you know, the hardware we are mainly looking at is between 5.5 - 6.0
> inch screen sizes, 720p and 1080p version with Mediatek processors and from
> 3-4GB RAM. These hardware options have been designed for Android
> (obviously) but are unlocked, rooted, and ready to go in terms of
> retrofitting Plasma Mobile. I know I have grossly simplified things there
> ;-) but both Darren and myself are excited to get some hardware prototypes
> in house, and start testing and seeing how we could make this work.
>
> Do let me know your thoughts on minimum system requirements - and any
> other info that could help steer us - and we'll keep shooting questions
> over to the mailing group. Perhaps we could set up a Slack Channel at some
> point to discuss further?
>
> Thanks again - and looking forward to working with you guys!
>
> Best,
>
> -Eddie
>

> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Bhushan Shah <bhush94 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey Eddie (and Darren)
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 11:34:20AM +0100, Eddie Vassallo wrote:
>> > http://stationx.rocks
>>
>> Good to know about you.. :)
>>
>> > Obviosuly I know you guys are working with others like Purism on the
>> > release of their upcoming Librem 5 which looks excellent - but I know
>> that
>> > won't be available until 2019. We are hoping to go much sooner, and
>> > obviously can start releasing from potentially Q1 2018 on a 'Developer
>> > Edition' of a mobile using Plasma Mobile.
>>
>> Do you have any more details about the hardware you are going to use?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Bhushan Shah
>> http://blog.bshah.in
>> IRC Nick : bshah on Freenode
>> GPG key fingerprint : 0AAC 775B B643 7A8D 9AF7 A3AC FE07 8411 7FBC E11D
>>

> --
>
> :::::::::
>
> Eddie Vassallo
> Founder
>
> Station X
> Bletchley Park Science & Innovation Centre
> Bletchley Park, Buckinghamshire
> MK3 6EB
>
> T:  +44 (0) 203 036 0863 <+44%2020%203036%200863>
> M: +44 (0) 7740 595 753 <+44%207740%20595753>

:::::::::

Eddie Vassallo
Founder

Station X
Bletchley Park Science & Innovation Centre
Bletchley Park, Buckinghamshire
MK3 6EB

T:  +44 (0) 203 036 0863
M: +44 (0) 7740 595 753