Intro - Station X and Plasma Mobile

Eddie Vassallo eddie at stationx.rocks
Wed Oct 4 10:34:20 UTC 2017

Hi Guys,

We're all huge fans of KDE Plasma here at Station X. I don't know if you've
heard about us, but we are a growing Linux laptop/desktop supplier here in
the UK and preload a number of distros on our machines (including a number
of KDE Distros of course!).

http://stationx.rocks

At any rate, we are putting together an exploratory team to look into
creating a mobile phone for release in Q1 2018 that will run linux, and
obviosuly the first thought we all had was to potentially engage the Plasma
Mobile Team and use that as our flagship DE for the project.

Obviosuly I know you guys are working with others like Purism on the
release of their upcoming Librem 5 which looks excellent - but I know that
won't be available until 2019. We are hoping to go much sooner, and
obviously can start releasing from potentially Q1 2018 on a 'Developer
Edition' of a mobile using Plasma Mobile.

I would love to discuss parterning or how we can work with you to make this
possible!

I look forward to hearing back and opening a dialogue.

Best regards,

-Eddie

--

:::::::::

Eddie Vassallo
Founder

Station X
Bletchley Park Science & Innovation Centre
Bletchley Park, Buckinghamshire
MK3 6EB

T:  +44 (0) 203 036 0863
M: +44 (0) 7740 595 753