How to deal with fully LLM-generated merge requests

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Thu Sep 10 09:03:42 BST 2026


On 2026-09-10, Vlad Zahorodnii <vlad.zahorodnii at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We started seeing an increase in number of merge requests that have 
> obvious signs of being generated fully by LLMs. For example, walls of 
> text in merge description, or replying with a wall of text to a review 
> comment in less than a minute, etc.

I think we should add an entry to our contributor guidelines:

| For large changes, please reach out to relevant maintainers first.

I'd personally like a full ban on LLM contributions; I feel they're a
waste of everyones time.

I'm currently just tagging them with a 'this looks llm generated, will
ignore' tag so I can filter them out.

We don't owe anyone to review their pull requests, and we don't owe the
Large Lying Machines anything.

/Sune



More information about the Plasma-devel mailing list