kpipewire and sddm theme in plasma6

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Sat Mar 25 19:19:48 GMT 2023

Am 25.03.23 um 19:47 schrieb Harald Sitter:
> and breeze widget style that will need to be available for qt5 :(
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 10:29 AM Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
>> Ciao
>>
>> It occurred to me that we have some compatibility problems coming up.
>> Notably the sddm login theme (which is used by sddm - may be Qt5) and
>> kpipewire (used by spectacle - also may be Qt5)
>>
>> Has anyone pondered these?
>>
>> HS

Breeze is known and handled. breeze master supports building for Qt5.

SDDM is presumably easy to solve. We only need to support whatever major
version SDDM currently uses. Though we will have a bit of a challenge
when SDDM switches.

kpipewire and spectacle is a bit tricky. Either we make kpipewire
support both and make it coinstallable, or release Qt6 Spectacle
together with Plasma 6. We probably need some coordination between
Plasma and Gear there anyway