KF6 KCModule & KQuickAddons::ConfigModule changes

Alexander Lohnau alexander.lohnau at gmx.de
Thu Mar 23 21:02:34 GMT 2023

Hello everyone,

I write regarding the KCModule refactoring.
This evening, I have merged the MRs that removed the old
KCModule/KQuickAddons(Managed)ConfigModule classes.

In order to avoid issues with your leftover files from previous
installations, please delete the following files:

~/kde/usr/include/KF6/KCMUtils/KCModuleData
~/kde/usr/include/KF6/KCMUtils/kcmoduledata.h
~/kde/usr/include/KF6/KConfigWidgets/KCModule
~/kde/usr/include/KF6/KConfigWidgets/kcmodule.h

I also recommend cleaning up any old KCMs of the "plasma/kcms/" plugin
namespace.
In Debian bases systems this is
~/kde/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/plugins/plasma/kcms/systemsettings/
For other distributions/plugin dirs, just check the install_manifest.txt
of repos that contain KCMs.

If there are issues with this, please write a mail or ping me on #kde-devel.

Regards
Alex