AutostartScriptDesktopFile symbol lookup error

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Feb 9 21:12:11 GMT 2023

I'm getting an error when compiling plasma-workspace master for KDE neon.
It complains on startup of:

startplasma-x11: symbol lookup error: startplasma-x11: undefined symbol:
_ZN26AutostartScriptDesktopFileC1ERK7QStringS2_S2_

If I revert the recent commits to kcms/autostart then this problem goes
away.

Patch to KDE neon package which makes the issue go away
https://invent.kde.org/neon/kde/plasma-workspace/-/commit/827c06989bd73547649d4c74321458bdb27feb38

The problem commit in plasma-workspace:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/commit/bb51b55637edc044774dac9e9f41884390524bba

A build with the problem in for KDE neon
https://build.neon.kde.org/job/jammy_unstable_kde_plasma-workspace_bin_amd64/254/consoleFull

However this problem does not happen if I build it manually so there must
be some setting in our packaging which is causing it to manifest.  My C++
foo isn't good enough this late in the day to look any more so any help
appreciated.

Jonathan