Using layershell-qt

David Redondo kde at david-redondo.de
Fri Sep 23 14:41:22 BST 2022

Am Freitag, 23. September 2022, 13:19:05 CEST schrieb Ralf Van Bogaert:
> Hi,

Cool project, that you are trying to use layershell-qt with Qt6!

> *qt.qpa.wayland: No shell integration named "layer-shell"
> foundqt.qpa.wayland: Loading shell integration failed.qt.qpa.wayland:
> Attempted to load the following shells QList("layer-shell")*
Qt can't find the layer shell plugin.
Did you install the project after compiling?
If yes, is the install location somewhere that your Qt6 expects it to be?
Otherwise you can use QT_PLUGIN_PATH to point to the directory it ends up in.
In your build folder should be 'prefix.sh' file that sets some environment
variables so things in the install directory work/can be found.
For example in my build it contains the following line

export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/home/david/kde/build6/install/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
plugins:$QT_PLUGIN_PATH

> Thanks in advance!
Hope I could provide some pointers in the right direction.

David