C++/library requirements for Plasma 5.26

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Thu Jul 7 13:08:47 BST 2022

Hi,

for Plasma 5.26 I would like to make use of some C++20 features, in
particular coroutines.

In terms of compiler requirements this should translate to requiring GCC
10 or Clang 11.

In addition we would like to require the qcoro library
(https://github.com/danvratil/qcoro). As per
https://github.com/danvratil/qcoro/issues/85 the library can be
considered stable and is regularly released.

Is there any distribution that plans to ship Plasma 5.26 that cannot
fulfill these requirements?

To test whether your system provides the necessary bits you can try
building
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/1023 or
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-nm/-/merge_requests/124

Let me know of there are any problems with this plan.

Cheers

Nico