Monday meeting notes for 14/02/2022

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 15:36:46 GMT 2022

During the meeting has also been talked about doing the sprint on 5-6
march and doing the kickoff meeting together the sprint itself

Nico
* Mostly post-5.24 bug squashing
* Fix application launcher containment action:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/1445
* Fix pressing Esc in kscreen KCM:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kscreen/-/merge_requests/83
* Fix some apps not opening when lauched by kwin:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/merge_requests/2003
* Fix QDesktopServices not working in KWin:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/merge_requests/2005
* Fix screensharing dialog when no types are passed:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/xdg-desktop-portal-kde/-/merge_requests/72
* Mark internal copyjob in KParts as transient:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kparts/-/merge_requests/38
* Add fancy finished notification to Ark compress action:
https://invent.kde.org/utilities/ark/-/merge_requests/99

Kai Uwe
KInfoCenter:
    Make details in About Distro selectable:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kinfocenter/-/merge_requests/83
plasma-browser-integration:
    Only list tabs from "normal" windows:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-browser-integration/-/merge_requests/65
KWin:
    Fixed i18n for Overlay effect, there was no Messages.sh and I
believe i18n also only works by accident (being pulled in implicitly
by some plasma import)
    Fixed build without tabbox and Qt session manager
    Working on porting stuff away from QmlObjectSharedEngine
        allows to drop dependency on KDeclarative (outside of KCMs)
    Working on porting effects away from EffectFrame, to eventually
get rid of it
        showfps, desktopgrid, presentwindows, mouseclick
        and subsequently drop build dependency on plasma-framework
KIO:
    An assortment of fixes to KFilePlacesView, still open:
        Consider section header for drop highlight:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kio/-/merge_requests/733
        Improve outcome of dropped places:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kio/-/merge_requests/734
Other:
    Fixed QIcon::paint not selecting the proper high-dpi pixmap,
QPainter::drawPixmap would
    Support high-dpi in KOverlayIconEngine, please review:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kguiaddons/-/merge_requests/43

Nate
* Made some Plasma fixes, helped with the release. Thanks everyone for
fixing bugs! Here's the list of remaining 5.24 regressions:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&keywords=regression%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&list_id=1979546&query_format=advanced&version=5.23.90&version=5.24.0
* many more now
* after normal people update, they always find more stuff we missed
during the beta period

Vlad
* For the past week or so, I've been on bugfixing
* After .1-.2, I plan to spend a good portion of my time on layered
compositing. Both Xaver and I looking into it
* Merged support for xdg_toplevel.configure_bounds in kwin

Arjen
* I've been digging into kwin effects in an effort to have kwin
perform the virtual keyboard show/hide animation
* vlad suggested to reuse the slidingpopups effect, I now have a
working version there that still has a few caveats
* it's mostly that there's some offset calculation that happens at the
wrong time
* and I haven't figured out the right trigger yet for starting the animation
* so currently if you tap on a text field that is already focused,
part of the animation happens again

Marco
* More work on the ScreenPool refactoring and autotesting
* Merged accounting of unknown screens for the reordering ui
* fixed an ui glitch in the users kcm
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/1454