plasma 5.24 tars ready for packaging

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Feb 6 18:45:47 GMT 2022

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 7:52 AM Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:

> The tars for Plasma 5.24 are ready on deino for packaging in
> distributions.  Release is due next Tuesday.

Hi Jonathan,

I've now withdrawn these tarballs as they contain code that performs a
denial of service attack on KDE.org infrastructure.

As this affects more than just Discover (with KWin, plasma-workspace and
kdeplasma-addons all containing defects that are part of this series as
well) a full respin of all packages will be required.

We also need patch releases of Discover for all versions going back to
Plasma/5.18. While I appreciate that some of these are "out of support" the
extraordinary nature of the problem we are facing requires it to be made
(much like how Microsoft released a fix for Windows XP in the wake of
Wannacry)

> Jonathan

Thanks,
Ben