semicolons and the policy that was none

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Wed Aug 10 14:57:53 BST 2022

Aloha,

Someone recently dug up this page from 2012

https://community.kde.org/Plasma/QMLStyle#JS_Code_Blocks

First I'd like to point out that this page isn't a policy page, if it
was meant to be then it needs to be linked on the policies page and
supposedly somehow agreed upon, which I don't recall this one being
(but then I wasn't really following plasma 10 years ago).

Secondly, can we clarify our stance on semicolons?

a) we don't care, do whatever you feel like but be consistent with
your surrounding
b) use semicolons never [*unless required]
c) use semicolons always
d) use semicolons sometimes [*define sometimes]

Please cast votes

I vote for a) or b) because the point of having a policy on this
eludes me entirely

HS